International Water Solutions Ltd. (IWS) commitment is to provide a world-class service that is sustainable, and which aims to minimise the environmental impacts of our operations.
IWS recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
To meet our environmental commitment, we will:
• Meet and, where possible, exceed all current and future European and national environmental legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Adopt best operational practices to reduce environmental impacts of IWS activities and policies.
• Measure and take action to reduce the carbon footprint of our activities and ensure our products, buildings, and services are able to adapt to environmental change.
• Monitor, manage and minimise IWS’s use of energy and water.
• Minimise the environmental impact of associated travel with our venues and business.
• Minimise the amount of waste produced by IWS and partners to encourage greater reuse in recycling.
• Ensure environmental, including climate change, criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services.
• Consider environmental factors in IWS decisions and activities including giving due consideration to environmental issues and energy performance in the design, refurbishment, and use of our buildings.
• Encourage and develop our employees, volunteers, partners and stakeholders to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner.
To ensure we meet our commitments, we undertake to periodically monitor and review our environmental performance and take corrective action where necessary. This policy will be reviewed annually.